Lacking innovation

ePIC

Is it just me or has it been a while since Panasonic put something new out? I'm surprised that they've survived this long. I know they've been a reliable brand, but the name only goes so far. Am I being too harsh?

LifeCaptured

I think I heard a rumor that they might exit the camera business. That rumor was going around this past spring. I think the powers that be were mulling it over.

Rachel

I wouldn't be surprised to see Panasonic go the way of Olympus and call it a day. I think smartphones and action cameras have changed the market, and it's a struggle for the dinosaurs to keep up.

Culture Shot

I wouldn't be surprised to see Panasonic go the way of Olympus and call it a day. I think smartphones and action cameras have changed the market, and it's a struggle for the dinosaurs to keep up.
Lack of ideas will indeed affect companies in the camera industry since the technology on smartphones is rapidly developing. They might need to start thinking out of the box and focus on building new features.

Derek

I agree. I don't even remember the last time I heard about a new Olympus camera release. The smartphones that are coming out these days have so many features that it's so hard to compete.

Len S

If they can't keep up with the camera business, they can always re-purpose their brand and sell something else. It wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan