Is There Anything We Can Do?

The Aire

As photographers/videographers, is there anything we can do to help concerning the Corona virus? Like maybe shoot/record people who have the virus or had the virus and bring it to the public attention so more people can see how serious this is? I want to do what I can to help as much as I can, but I don't know where to start.

Rachel

I know I'm about a month late in replying to your thread, so people are more aware of the seriousness of the disease now. What I've noticed though is that most pros are shooting groups of people who aren't social distancing and aren't wearing masks. Of course, the images show up everywhere and the behavior is called out, but I think we should normalize doing the right thing instead. Rather than focusing on shaming, why not capture the huge groups of people who are following the CDC's guidelines. We need more of those images. Most people want to fit in and be like everyone else, so I think it could help.

ePIC

I like your idea, The Aire. This pandemic has been a huge life-changing event for most of the world and not in a good way. The only problem is keeping the focus on storytelling without it becoming exploitative. It's a fine line sometimes.

ShutterUp

Well, I know a few photographers who sat back and observed the situation first. They kept their lines open and handled any work proposed to them. One thing this pandemic has taught us is to diversify our craft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc