Insecure about how my voice sounds

Ryan

I get voice over gigs every now and then and, while I enjoy doing them, I am a bit insecure about my voice. I would like to find a way to make it sound a little "deeper", if that makes any sense? I am not an audio expert, so I was wondering if there is any tool or software that you could recommend?

Paul Stevens

You could try the Voxal Voice Changer, and I've heard good things about it, but it seems to me like you're getting gigs based off your normal voice. Why mess with success?

Kuki

You could try the Voxal Voice Changer, and I've heard good things about it, but it seems to me like you're getting gigs based off your normal voice. Why mess with success?
I agree. If the clients like the tone of your voice, why would you want to change it? In all honesty, most people don't like their voices, me included. I'd say keep getting those gigs :)

Vid Syd

If you feel insecure about your voice, it could be that it's just unique. Like Alan Roach, he has a unique voice. Maybe you should research what niche best suits your pitch and tone.

The Aire

Whiskey and cigarettes always work for most people.

But if you're health-conscious like the rest of us, you'll have to settle for what you have.

Carlhue

Whiskey and cigarettes will get you sounding like Marge Simpsons sister. lol

There are recorders you can download to your phone and practice that way. Keep playing back and lowering your voice until you get the bass you want, then keep trying to emulate that.

Lily Stew

A recorded voice just sounds different compared to when we're just speaking. It happens to me too, yet others find my voice decent, recorded or not. You could use a voice changer, but what if your clients prefer what they hear now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc