Insects shots

EyeView

I think this would be a good subject for still photography. Would you be able to handle arranging insects with bare hands? These shots can even work as thumbnails if captured right and efficiently. Some may be dead ones, but if you're good enough, you can take a photo of it while alive.

LifeCaptured

I'm not particularly squeamish when it comes to insects, so it wouldn't bother me. I took an online photography course and the instructor mentioned using frozen insects as a trick of the trade. They move more slowly as they're thawing out which makes them easier to photograph.

Rachel

It's nothing something that I'd be interested in doing, but I've always imagined that it's hard work to shoot animals and bugs. It's not like you can instruct them on how to pose or anything. I'm impressed by those who manage the job well.

Carrie

Most insects and bugs don't gross me out, but certain ones do. For example, although this doesn't classify as an insect, I just can't handle the sight of a worm. I find it extremely disgusting. So I guess I'll pass on this one :D

Mandy

I understand the importance of photographing insects, dead or alive. But I'm more leaned on not engaging with insects because I can't tolerate the crawlies, especially cockroaches. You can make me shoot a butterfly, but I'd run away from a spider.

Terry

I understand the importance of photographing insects, dead or alive. But I'm more leaned on not engaging with insects because I can't tolerate the crawlies, especially cockroaches. You can make me shoot a butterfly, but I'd run away from a spider.
Ugh cockroaches are the worst! I just can't stand bugs in general. In fact, once I got bitten so bad by bedbugs that I have been traumatized ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan