Importance of Matching the Right Sound Effects

Mandy

Stunts and fighting scenes can be amazing, but they may get boring without sufficient sound effects. Punches and kicks can't produce actual loud sounds that there's a need to link minimal sound effects to the techniques. However, too much of it can make the movie corny. I think this is the tedious part when making films with fighting scenes. Do you know about any fighting shows that turned out to be silly because of sound effects?

ePIC

Do you know about any fighting shows that turned out to be silly because of sound effects?
Yes! My own original work, unfortunately. I found that bit tougher than expected when I first tried doing it for myself. They make it look so easy, but you really need impeccable timing.

SamanthaL.

I've been guilty of this one, too. Getting a dog to bark on cue is awfully hard, but it was still easier than timing the sound effects perfectly.

Culture Shot

There are old fighting scenes that I found funny instead of intense. You'd heard a loud sound from a character's attack despite seeing how little effort the person exerted. It was far from being synchronized, but the plot was good enough.

Darlene

Stunts and fighting scenes can be amazing, but they may get boring without sufficient sound effects. Punches and kicks can't produce actual loud sounds that there's a need to link minimal sound effects to the techniques. However, too much of it can make the movie corny. I think this is the tedious part when making films with fighting scenes. Do you know about any fighting shows that turned out to be silly because of sound effects?
Oh yes, is it safe to say that all (or at least most) old movies have corny sound effects. It used to make me laugh so hard LOL. It really made it hard to take a movie seriously 🤣

Mandy

Oh yes, is it safe to say that all (or at least most) old movies have corny sound effects. It used to make me laugh so hard LOL. It really made it hard to take a movie seriously 🤣
Yeah, I mean, it just looks silly when the sound effects seem so intimidating, yet the person's actions look so weak. Those scenes made it hard for me to take it seriously as well, regardless of genre.

Sweet Takes

I couldn't agree more about some of those older movies. They made me laugh! This is one thing that I struggle with too. Sounds and sound effects are very important.

Anastasia

Yeah, I mean, it just looks silly when the sound effects seem so intimidating, yet the person's actions look so weak. Those scenes made it hard for me to take it seriously as well, regardless of genre.
OMG I know right! Like when someone slaps someone in the scene, but the sound effects indicates an explosion or something LOL. Gotta love old movies :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc