IMD ranks Shawshank Redemption #1

Paul Stevens

Are you surprised? One of Alexa's skills is divulging tidbits of movie information and according to her, IMD ranks Shawshank Redemption as the #1 movie of all time. It has a ranking of 9.3 and received many awards during its time. I've seen the movie, and it's a good one, but I'm still surprised that it outranks some my own favorites.

Davey

I'm surprised that a feel-good Disney tale or a fast-action Marvel film didn't top the chart. Shawshank Redemption is a great movie, but it doesn't have mass appeal like a Disney classic or a hero flick.

Ryan

I honestly never really take into account ranks like these. It's all a matter of taste and different genres. For example, a few years ago, people were raving about Black Swan, but after I watched it, the only thing I could think of is how I wasted two hours of my life that I would never get back 🤣

TheBlueElephant

For a long time, The Godfather was #1, so Shawshank Redemption is a newcomer to the top spot. I don't put too much stock in these ratings. For me, they are a gauge of how popular a movie is over time.

Amanda Louise

I think it's hard to say that a certain film is the greatest of all time. There are so many factors to take into account. The most I think someone can say is that a film is "one of the best" but the best ever? I don't think so. And I love Shawshank Redemption!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc