Identifying your strengths and weaknesses

Vivid

Albert Einstein once said that “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” How often do you do a SWOT analysis of your craft? Doing so helps to identify areas where you can do things differently.

Portrait

Doing a SWOT analysis from time-to-time is vital, but I also believe that honest feedback from fellow professionals counts. A photographer who desires to grow has to learn from mistakes and capitalize on their strength(s).

Vid Syd

I never really gave much thought in getting that in-depth with what I do. I'll try it and see if it helps with my personal productivity. Thank you for sharing this.

Portrait

I never really gave much thought in getting that in-depth with what I do. I'll try it and see if it helps with my personal productivity. Thank you for sharing this.
You have to take stock of the quality of work to do. At times, being your own worst critic helps to improve your craft. Self-critique should be a continuous process, but that doesn't necessarily happen all the time.

Vivid

You have to take stock of the quality of work to do. At times, being your own worst critic helps to improve your craft. Self-critique should be a continuous process, but that doesn't necessarily happen all the time.
Yes, being your worst critic helps to identify the areas of improvement or push you in the right direction. Versatility is also becoming an integral part of a photographer's life, so it helps to try out new things.

Mobile 5

I identify my weaknesses when I know I can't get a good shot of, say, anything outdoors vs. the controllable lighting of indoor shots. From there, I work on improving what I'm bad at if I really want to be good at it. if I don't, I don't worry about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc