How to Push through Uncertainties

Plankton

Writing a screenplay takes a lot of effort and time and yet there's always the possibility of the piece being rejected. Sometimes you'll see your work as something good, most of the time you wouldn't. Although conflict may be a good element that can increase a screenplay's worth or likeableness, a lot of things still need to be considered to sell the story. How do you find out for yourself if what you've written is good enough? How do you identify the mistakes?

CreativeSet

You can have someone you trust review then give honest feedback. I think that something good takes time to develop, and instant gratification may not work here. For how long have you written screenplays?

SushiRoll

For me, I think it's important to get that first draft down, and then go back and make it more what I want. You can't get a final draft done if you don't have a first draft. Getting words down on paper is the first step to working through uncertainty! I don't worry if it's "good enough" right away. I focus on having something to work with.

Plankton

You can have someone you trust review then give honest feedback. I think that something good takes time to develop, and instant gratification may not work here. For how long have you written screenplays?
If time is compressed, it has been a year since I started writing but not much with screenplays so I'm having a hard time deciding about this new piece. I'm in a phase of trying my luck with freelancing so I'm still new and that's making me conscious.

Portrait

It takes time to produce a screenplay of the highest standard. Like @SushiRoll mentions, it starts with having a draft and then going back to it and making necessary corrections.

Mobile 5

Being a writer means preparing yourself for rejections. If you can, get constructive criticism as to why your piece got rejected and then work on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc