How many images for an hour's photoshoot?

CreativeSet

How many photos should you edit for the client after doing a one-hour long photoshoot? A friend mentioned that it depends on what you are aiming to shoot. For instance, he does 20-30 images for portrait sessions.

ClickExpert

Yes, it depends on what you're shooting. In most weddings, I aim for between 50 to 100 edited images per hour that I shoot. That is a reasonable number for portrait sessions too.

Vivid

As amateurs, most photographers easily surpass client expectations in an attempt to impress them and get referrals. An established photographer has a candid conversation with the client and states what they should expect beforehand.

Portrait

I am not sure if this is a one-shoe-fits-all scenario. Go with the industry standard but be flexible if the client wants to have more. At the initial stages, you can edit more photos when trying to build a broad client base.

CreativeSet

Yes, it depends on what you're shooting. In most weddings, I aim for between 50 to 100 edited images per hour that I shoot. That is a reasonable number for portrait sessions too.
I asked a friend who mentioned almost similar numbers. A photographer should always make everything clear in the beginning. If a client desires more edited photos, they should be willing to pay more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc