How loud?

Davey

I'm curious about whether you can hear the cameras as they swivel around? I'm fitting an auditorium with a couple of cameras that will film guest speakers. They need to be relatively quiet since there won't be a lot of background noise to cover them up.

Lighthouse

WD-40 is your friend.

Just have the camera(s) facing the mic if they're all going to take turns speaking. And if you have guest speakers, you'll have an audience, no?

Rapp

Wait? You really would not spray a camera with WD-40, would you? I would not think that would be good for it. I really don't know if the camera makes a lot of noise but I would think not.

Davey

The client is mostly worried that the camera will make a grinding/electrical/robotic sound as it turns. I don't know how else to describe it. I don't think it will matter, truly.

Fairytale Studios

Yeah, that will probably be a nonissue. I wouldn't expect total silence, but I doubt the sound will be noticeable enough to take away from the presentation.

Len S

You have microphones trained on the speakers, not on the equipment. So, unless there is something seriously wrong with your equipment, you won't hear a thing from it.

And please, keep the WD in the garage where it belongs. lol

Vid Syd

If you can hear your equipment, get a refund. Or stop buying off CL, one of two. lol

I know people sometimes complain about background noise, but not this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc