Having one or many people

Josslyn

I'm talking about ebooks or books on tape. Would you hire one person or several people to read your books? I think if you had a couple of people reading different characters it might make it more interesting. I'm not one to just listen to one person reading to me.

Runner

Oh yeah, the narration could improve with different people telling the story. I'd love to listen to an audiobook like that, but it seems like it's still not a thing.

JamesinJ

I recently started listening to an audiobook of Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass, and they have different actors reading the different characters. The only problem I ran into was that some of the actors are harder to understand than others, which took me out of the experience. But, overall, it's a nice change of pace to have multiple people read the story!

Willa

I like having one person read the story the whole way through. It's easier for me to follow along if it's one voice. I do enjoy when the reader invents different voices for the characters, so I can see the appeal of having a different actor for each character.

Culture Shot

I'd go for having different people represent different voices, but I'd rather have one person read to me if it's a self-help genre book. I might lose focus if the reader keeps changing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc