Have you seen The Fall?

SushiRoll

Okay, this is one of my favorite movies ever. It's called The Fall. It's about a paralyzed stuntman and the friendship he develops with another patient.
Has anyone else seen this movie? I haven't come across many people who've seen it, and those who have aren't a huge fan.

Here's a link to its IMDB page:

Anastasia

I have not seen The Fall, but I have heard about it from a friend. I haven't had much time to watch anything lately, but I really am interested in this movie.

Kuki

I haven't watched this movie. I checked the IMDB link you have posted and read the summary. It sounds pretty interesting. I don't normally pay much attention to people's reviews because everyone's taste is different. I think I will watch it :)

SushiRoll

I have not seen The Fall, but I have heard about it from a friend. I haven't had much time to watch anything lately, but I really am interested in this movie.
I haven't watched this movie. I checked the IMDB link you have posted and read the summary. It sounds pretty interesting. I don't normally pay much attention to people's reviews because everyone's taste is different. I think I will watch it :)
I'm so happy to hear that you're both interested in this movie!! It has some gorgeous special effects, and a spectacular performance by a child actor! It is just an all around excellent film. I'm excited to hear what you both thought of it!

PerfectClick

The movie has a good rating on IMDb, has won 4 awards, and gotten 11 nominations. It is a must-watch for me. I have avoided reading the plot summary or watching the trailer.

EyeView

I haven't seen it but it looks promising. Thank you for the recommendation! The description got my attention at the 'paralyzed stuntman' because of its contradicting message. I'll be watching it! 😄

SushiRoll

I haven't seen it but it looks promising. Thank you for the recommendation! The description got my attention at the 'paralyzed stuntman' because of its contradicting message. I'll be watching it! 😄
The 'paralyzed stuntman' part makes a lot more sense in the context of the film, I promise you! Lee Pace plays the stuntman, Roy. I personally think it's one of his best performances.

WidestScreen

I hadn't heard of this movie until reading this thread, but consider my interest piqued. I love historical dramas. I don't want to read too much about it, to avoid spoilers. With that in mind, would it be appropriate for a teenager? I saw that it is rated R.

SushiRoll

I hadn't heard of this movie until reading this thread, but consider my interest piqued. I love historical dramas. I don't want to read too much about it, to avoid spoilers. With that in mind, would it be appropriate for a teenager? I saw that it is rated R.
That depends on the age of the teenager. I think it would be appropriate for an older teen, maybe sixteen and up. Any younger than that, I would hesitate. The film discusses heavy topics and has some violence, so I would stray on the safe side.

JamesinJ

I haven't seen this movie, but I'm not a fan of historical dramas either. I don't mind fantasy elements in my stories, but I prefer to keep it at a minimum. Honestly, I'm going to probably pass on this one.

SushiRoll

I haven't seen this movie, but I'm not a fan of historical dramas either. I don't mind fantasy elements in my stories, but I prefer to keep it at a minimum. Honestly, I'm going to probably pass on this one.
This story is less of a historical drama, and more of a deep dive into one man's psychology and trauma and how he tries to cope with that trauma. The historical aspects of the story are quite sparse. I'd encourage you to give it a try!

JamesinJ

This story is less of a historical drama, and more of a deep dive into one man's psychology and trauma and how he tries to cope with that trauma. The historical aspects of the story are quite sparse. I'd encourage you to give it a try!
When you describe it that way, it does sound really interesting. Psychology has always been an interest of mine. You've convinced me to try it out. :) I'll let you know what I think of it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc