Has the pandemic ruined cinemas?

WidestScreen

Yesterday, I saw a trailer for a movie that was going to be released on both a streaming service and in cinemas. That got me wondering. Has the pandemic ruined cinemas? I still love going to see a movie at the cinema. It's quite an experience (especially in 3D)! Has your local cinema suffered from during the pandemic? Do you think they'll recover?

Fairytale Studios

I think that the ones that manage to hang on, will experience a cash infusion as soon as it's safe to open again. Most movie fans I know are dying to go back.

WidestScreen

I think that the ones that manage to hang on, will experience a cash infusion as soon as it's safe to open again. Most movie fans I know are dying to go back.
I certainly hope that you're right! One of my first jobs was in a cinema, and I would be so sad to see them all go under. I also know a lot of people who are excited to go back to the cinema. I have a gift card that I got just before the pandemic started that I still have to used! XD

LifeCaptured

I'm a single dude and renting movies when they first come out costs more than the price of a movie ticket. No way do I want to keep paying these exorbitant prices to rent a movie on its premiere date. I guess the rental fee doesn't seem bad if you have a family who will watch it too. You might even be saving some money in that instance.

Culture Shot

We can always stream but watching in cinemas is a different experience on its own. But then it would also make you think if it would be worth it to watch something outside that you can also just access at home.

PictureHub

I have not been to the cinema for over a year. I think that there hasn't been much activity in most cinemas owing to the pandemic. It has become easier for movie fans to use the various streaming channels possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan