Greetings!

SushiRoll

Happy New Year everyone! I'm SushiRoll. My girlfriend and I are trying to get our YouTube channel off the ground. This community seemed like a good place to meet like-minded people and get some advice! I'm really excited to learn more and hopefully, help others learn a bit too :)

And in case you want to know, my favorite sushi is a crunchy roll!

ShutterUp

Hey @SushiRoll, welcome here. You know this is the forum I bumped upon when I was looking for like-minded people. I know that you will learn from the rest of us, just the same way we look forward to your impactful discussions.

Carrie

Happy new year @SushiRoll and welcome to the community :) I really like your username. It's quite creative LOL. It's awesome that you want to get started with your YouTube channel :) Good luck with that!

Fairytale Studios

I love your username since I adore sushi and I'm a crunchy roll fan too! I am totally hungry now. Do you shoot yourself making food on your YouTube channel?

SushiRoll

@Fairytale Studios
Our YouTube channel is going to be a how-to cooking guide for kids, so yes! I worked with kids for several years in a school, and I noticed that a lot of them didn't know how to cook healthy recipes for themselves or their families. So, our channel is going to help fill that gap! 🥬

Mentee

I'm sure your videos would be helpful and fun for a lot of people. Videos, in general, have their appeal so the burden of learning is lessened too. 😄

WidestScreen

This sounds like a really great idea @SushiRoll! I'm certain you'll have lots of people interested in it! Are you going to focus on any specific diets in particular? I'm vegetarian and it would be really neat if kids learned how to cook healthy veggie based meals!

SushiRoll

This sounds like a really great idea @SushiRoll! I'm certain you'll have lots of people interested in it! Are you going to focus on any specific diets in particular? I'm vegetarian and it would be really neat if kids learned how to cook healthy veggie based meals!
I hadn't planned on focusing on any particular diets or any specific way of eating. I do like the idea of teaching kids to cook vegetarian meals. At the very least, I'll be sure to include a vegetarian alternative to the meals. Are there any recipes I should consider trying out? I'm not vegetarian myself, so I'm unfamiliar with that way of eating.

WidestScreen

I hadn't planned on focusing on any particular diets or any specific way of eating. I do like the idea of teaching kids to cook vegetarian meals. At the very least, I'll be sure to include a vegetarian alternative to the meals. Are there any recipes I should consider trying out? I'm not vegetarian myself, so I'm unfamiliar with that way of eating.
I think salads would be an easy way to get kids started with vegetarianism. There are a lot of interesting toppings you can put on a salad. It doesn't have to be just lettuce! Are you planning on making recipes that the kids can do on their own, or with the help of a parent?

PerfectClick

Hey @SushiRoll, I am curious to know how your YouTube channel is doing four months down the line? I hope that you keep uploading fresh content all the time. Subscribers love consistency!

Mobile 5

And a late hello to you Sushi. Welcome aboard. I never really wanted to do the You Tube thing, but I have a blog I plan on getting live in a few days. Among other things, I want to showcase my photography there.

SushiRoll

Hey @SushiRoll, I am curious to know how your YouTube channel is doing four months down the line? I hope that you keep uploading fresh content all the time. Subscribers love consistency!
Thanks for your interest! My girlfriend had a family emergency, so we are taking a hiatus while that gets sorted out. We've had some interest in our content, so hopefully we'll get our momentum back when we are posting regularly again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc