Graphic Design Arbitrage?

Kuki

What do you guys think of people who do arbitrage? Is it an ethical way to earn money in your opinion? If I were a graphic designer, I would prefer to find my own clients instead of having a "middle man" buy my work for a fraction of what they would charge the end client.

Fairytale Studios

You mean it gets cheaper than what you can find on Fiverr? Wow. Those designers must live overseas, because there's no way someone could earn a living by selling their work that way. Maybe that's why they see it as ethical. They're providing work for someone overseas who wouldn't flourish otherwise. That's a big maybe though.

Rachel

I guess it's just part of capitalism, but I wouldn't want to be involved in it. Then again, would buyers even know? Maybe, maybe not.

Kuki

I guess it's just part of capitalism, but I wouldn't want to be involved in it. Then again, would buyers even know? Maybe, maybe not.
That's the thing! A lot of buyers don't actually know the existence of places like Fiverr etc. So, they are willing to pay whoever whatever price. And the ones who suffer are the artists.

Derek

What do you guys think of people who do arbitrage? Is it an ethical way to earn money in your opinion? If I were a graphic designer, I would prefer to find my own clients instead of having a "middle man" buy my work for a fraction of what they would charge the end client.
I think this depends on the situation. If the artist knows that his or her work will be resold and agrees with that, there is no harm. Don't you agree?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc