Gift ideas

ClickExpert

We are at that point of the year where we will receive various gifts. I have photographer friends, but I am unsure about what to get them. It can be hard to tell what they already have. Have you heard of Skylum photo editing software?

ShutterUp

It is not easy to select a gift when you don't know what they already have. I have heard of Skylum, and what struck me most are its affordability and its full-featured RAW editing alternative to Lightroom.

Carrie

I have never heard of Skylum. Is it an alternative to Photoshop and Lightroom? Does it have better features? As for your question about a gift idea, maybe you could offer them something that is unrelated to photography?

Vivid

I have never heard of Skylum. Is it an alternative to Photoshop and Lightroom? Does it have better features? As for your question about a gift idea, maybe you could offer them something that is unrelated to photography?
Yes, Skylum is one of the popular Lightroom alternatives though it is said to suit newcomers to image editing programs. It is available as a stand-alone app or as a plugin for other apps like Photoshop and Lightroom. Like you say, it may be a good idea to get a gift unrelated to photography.

Silva

Yes, Skylum is one of the popular Lightroom alternatives though it is said to suit newcomers to image editing programs. It is available as a stand-alone app or as a plugin for other apps like Photoshop and Lightroom. Like you say, it may be a good idea to get a gift unrelated to photography.
I have heard of Skylum but was not very sure what it was for hahaha. Thanks for explaining :) Maybe you could get your friend something for their studio if they own one?

PictureHub

You can let someone do their homework and find out what they like, depending on the number of people you want to gift. You'll be surprised at how easy this becomes once you narrow it down to a few options.

Vivid

I have heard of Skylum but was not very sure what it was for hahaha. Thanks for explaining :) Maybe you could get your friend something for their studio if they own one?
Yes, it is a popular choice for those getting introduced to photography. Remember, editing isn't easy, and it takes time to grasp the fine details for some. Perhaps it would be easier to find out what else our friends love outside of photography?

PictureHub

Yes, it is a popular choice for those getting introduced to photography. Remember, editing isn't easy, and it takes time to grasp the fine details for some. Perhaps it would be easier to find out what else our friends love outside of photography?
I agree that it can be limiting to think of a gift that revolves around photography. As photographers, we tend to get everything we need within our space. It shouldn't be complicated to figure out what to gift them outside of photography.

WidestScreen

I agree that it can be limiting to think of a gift that revolves around photography. As photographers, we tend to get everything we need within our space. It shouldn't be complicated to figure out what to gift them outside of photography.
This has been my experience as well. I've had well-meaning family and friends purchase something for me photography related, but I can't use the item. I always feel bad explaining to them why I have to return it. I'd stick with getting someone a gift that isn't related to photography!

PictureHub

Very true. So you have a gift that you can't use and can't give away. I find gifting to be a difficult thing to do. Is it okay to ask a person leading questions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan