Full-time photography

Vivid

I am keen to hear from full-time photographers, especially what led them to follow this path? What would you say to a part-time photographer who fears uncertainties? I think that there are numerous opportunities out there!

Plankton

Choosing to be a full-time photographer must've been one of the tough decisions they've made since it would be their main source of income. There's no assurance that there will always be available projects. I wonder if they saved up first before committing to this decision.

ShutterUp

I have encountered full-time photographers many times in the past. They admit that challenges will always be there, yet the rewards are gratifying. There will never be perfect days, but with good planning and commitment, anyone can pursue photography full-time!

Vivid

I have friends who keep urging me to pursue photography full-time. What holds people back is the fear of the unknown. I think once you're mind is made up, it is easy to make that switch.

Len S

I see photographs as another medium of art. This is why I like taking them. That, and they can be a personal reflection of how you see things. There may be 10 different ways to take a sunset, but the way YOU take it speaks volumes to how you see it.

ePIC

I prefer working for a steady paycheck and benefits, but photography and filmmaking is my passion. I don't think it's an either-or proposition. It's okay to do both.

PerfectClick

I think that people pursue photography for various reasons. If you want to approach it as a business, then going full-time will suit you. Risks and uncertainties will always be there!

Vivid

I see photographs as another medium of art. This is why I like taking them. That, and they can be a personal reflection of how you see things. There may be 10 different ways to take a sunset, but the way YOU take it speaks volumes to how you see it.
You make a good point, though could you elaborate on the different ways of capturing a sunset? I think that going full-time will depend on the photographer. I know some friends who treat photography purely as a hobby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc