Finding Work

ePIC

Some people probably wouldn't think to look on Craigslist for videography and photography jobs, but I've found quite a few through that resource. It's important to vet the other party and have a contract in place before you do the work though. Craigslist a good place to search when you're in between ongoing commitments, Which job boards do you use to find work?

Paul Stevens

I find most of my gigs through word of mouth and getting referrals, however checking the classifieds in my local paper has paid off a time or two as well. I'll give Craigslist a try sometime when I'm looking for new clients. I'd never considered looking there for work before.

Vid Syd

Facebook is a good way. Join groups, post your pics online, "friend" companies, etc....... Get your name and talents known to as many people as possible and you can get freelance gigs that way.

cassie

Another good way to advertise your photography business is to pin your business card to advertising displays in shop windows, usually for a few pence a week, or to supermarket local business boards. I have noticed how a lot of people browse these boards, and they are ideal for targeting local customers.

WidestScreen

Facebook is a good way. Join groups, post your pics online, "friend" companies, etc....... Get your name and talents known to as many people as possible and you can get freelance gigs that way.
I'm going to second this. I'm a member of several Facebook groups and there's lots of jobs posted. The communities are also really helpful and encouraging. It's great to be a group of other people who are passionate about the same thing!

JamesinJ

I've found that if you have good connections with lots of other people, you'll get referrals. A friend of mine recently referred me to do a wedding that he wasn't able to fit into his schedule.

EyeView

Making a blog can help promote your work and garner attention from possible clients. In this way, it would be easier when submitting proposals to platforms such as Fiverr.

PerfectClick

I have gotten most of my gigs through referrals. I agree that having a contract in place before starting helps both you and the client state your expectations. You can agree and compromise where necessary!

ClickExpert

I think that most photographers rely on third-party sites and referrals for work. How about Linkedin? It could be the most convenient site depending on your target clients and niche of choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc