Filming Court Proceedings

Len S

Does anyone know if the legal system records/films legal proceedings, or do they hire that work out? Seems like that would be an easy gig.

ClickExpert

In most instances, legal proceedings are available on record. In such cases, it would be cheaper to have a videographer on a retainer basis. Have you checked what happens around your area?

Mandy

I haven't heard about filming in court but I know that court proceedings are mostly recorded through transcriptions. Since this would concern sensitive information, I'm expecting that there'd be a lot of paperwork before anyone is given permission to film.

ShutterUp

I think that court proceedings get recorded, depending on the nature of a case. Transcription is still the preferred method in most jurisdictions. Either way, it could be the trend that future systems will adopt.

ClickExpert

I haven't heard about filming in court but I know that court proceedings are mostly recorded through transcriptions. Since this would concern sensitive information, I'm expecting that there'd be a lot of paperwork before anyone is given permission to film.
Very true. Filming can be allowed if the case is in the interest of the public. I doubt if we will get to a point where it will be procedural to film all court proceedings.

SushiRoll

A friend of mine occasionally is paid to work a camera at a trial. The trial is streamed live online and viewers are able to watch the trial as it's proceeding. From what he's said, it's a good gig, but can be boring and monotonous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan