FB Groups

The Aire

There are many Facebook photography groups out there that would be good exposure for up and coming photographers as well as the well-known. Do you think the trick here is to "like" as many relevant people as possible, or post a shot or 5 every day?

Chappel

I would say do both, @The Aire. But it depends on what kind of photographer you are, and what you want to achieve. If you specialize in wedding photography, for example, I would choose Facebook likes by their locality. That said, maybe the more links the better?

vlog2020

From my personal experience, I find that Facebook groups are OK for making friends, but I haven't garnered much business from using this channel. However, Facebook an be good for finding ideas and inspiration for your photography or writing.

Beck

Maybe Linkedin? It's more business focused than Facebook. Either way, maybe set up your own blog and post links to that everywhere you can from sites your are active in.

Vid Syd

Like.....Respond......Discuss. Just staying active will do a lot for your credibility and standing in those communities. And keep adding more friends. The more eyes that can see you, the better.

Portrait

You can choose whichever method, but don't limit yourself to Facebook alone. For instance, there are countless YouTube channels, and Instagram accounts with great content. Narrow down to those targeting your niche and choose what works for you.

Mobile 5

You don't necessarily need groups either. Keep friending the creative types and photographers will suddenly appear on your suggested list. The algorithms are good with that.

Magz

There are many Facebook photography groups out there that would be good exposure for up and coming photographers as well as the well-known. Do you think the trick here is to "like" as many relevant people as possible, or post a shot or 5 every day?
I would be careful with Facebook groups. Most of them are full of spam and more often than not, people could steal your work. Just be cautious.

Pixels

I would be careful with Facebook groups. Most of them are full of spam and more often than not, people could steal your work. Just be cautious.
I agree that many of these groups are not legit, so it is best to identify one or two platforms that offer value. Exposure doesn't only mean getting your work out there; it could also refer to learning from experienced photographers.

Magz

I agree that many of these groups are not legit, so it is best to identify one or two platforms that offer value. Exposure doesn't only mean getting your work out there; it could also refer to learning from experienced photographers.
I agree. It's always better to find groups who have "strict" admins. Groups that are not moderated well are always full of spam and you will end up just wasting your time on there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc