Exceeding client expectations

CreativeSet

It is usual practice for some clients to request a meeting before an event taking place. Negotiations about the budget can happen with each party giving your expectations. At times, reaching a compromise becomes necessary. How often do you exceed expectations and leave the clients satisfied?

Rachel

I do wedding photography and videography. My clients are almost always extremely happy. I can't imagine how awful the Yelp reviews would be otherwise and then no bride would hire me. Your reputation is everything in the wedding industry.

ShutterUp

I have been to meetings where the client expectations were average, and I have also met clients who set the bar higher and are flexible about the budget. Overall, I try to give my best and leave them satisfied.

Beck

I would just like to add that this is something we should all strive to do. Quality work and customer satisfaction are my top priorities. I love what I do and I want my clients to love what I do as well.

Derek

I can't say that I have gotten to the point of starting to have regular clients in this industry; however, from my experience working in sales and marketing for many years, the best practice is to always under-promise and overdeliver. I also agree that exceeding their expectations is always something we should aim for.

Culture Shot

I agree with you there. I want my work to do the talking instead of raising my client's expectations and disappointing them. There'll be adjustments along the way depending on the client's requests, and this can affect the work.
I can't say that I have gotten to the point of starting to have regular clients in this industry; however, from my experience working in sales and marketing for many years, the best practice is to always under-promise and overdeliver.

Len S

In this day and age where just enough is good enough, going above and beyond is a sure bet for keeping clients. It has almost turned into an old-school way of doing business.

Derek

I agree with you there. I want my work to do the talking instead of raising my client's expectations and disappointing them. There'll be adjustments along the way depending on the client's requests, and this can affect the work.

I completely agree with you. It's better to never promise anything and to have them pleasantly surprised later than to disappoint them. It took me years to learn this, but hey :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan