Ever thought of renting out your gear?

Rachel

Have you guys ever considered renting out your gear - your cameras, lighting equipment, and other tools - as a method of earning additional income? It seems like a passive way to bring in more money, but I'm afraid I'm overlooking some big risks. What do you think?

Rapp

Nope. I'm not a very trusting kind. My gear is like my baby. I doubt people would treat it as good as I do. I'm not willing to take any chances.

SamanthaL.

If it was something that I'd be unlikely to use again, then I might give it a try. However, I wouldn't risk something that I used frequently. Let us know if you try it. I'd love to hear about your results.

Rapp

I wouldn't rent my gear. I'm just afraid that it would get broke and then I'd have to buy it again. I'd be interested to hear how you make out too.

TheBlueElephant

I would be so worried if I rented out something I used often or was a high cost item. So, I would only rent out the equipment that I could easily and inexpensively replace if it were to get damaged.

Runner

I don't think I can, even if it's with someone I have a close relationship. When it comes to gadgets or any techy equipment, I'm always worried about letting someone borrow it because they are expensive.

WidestScreen

I wouldn't rent out my gear, but I would love if there were shops where you could rent out gear from! There are so many neat gadgets I want, but I can't afford!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc