Editing?

Rachel

I just naturally went into digital work, but I wish I'd studied the old school methods first. I've been curious about how editing works for a while now. So, what happens after the shoot?

Markshot 12

It all depends on how the pics turned out versus what the client wanted. Sometimes nothing needs to be done, other times the lighting can be bad....the focus.....the colors.

It could be beneficial to edit on your own before you take your camera out and charge people.

Rachel

It could be beneficial to edit on your own before you take your camera out and charge people.
I mainly do wedding videography and my work is all digital. I don't see myself branching out since that's what puts food on the table, as they say. For some reason I figured it would be difficult to edit 35mm, 25mm, and 8mm film.

Culture Shot

You don't always have to edit if you think that the shot turned out great. Sometimes editing is only done concerning the client's request. It's not unlikely that they'd want something different even if the photo is good enough.

Fairytale Studios

I'd say they digitize it, then edit from there. Sometimes I wish I had gone to film school. I definitely skipped learning some things by majoring in something else.

Mentee

After the shoot, it's better to review the photos first instead of editing them right away. It's a waste if beautiful shots lose their quality. Take note of the pictures that don't need editing, as this will also save you time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan