Don't Be Pressured

Goldflash

I'm at the point now where I don't feel pressured to buy a current model of camera that people say is better than the previous model. I tend to side with the idea that newer lenses and filters are a better investment.

What do you guys and gals think?

Carlhue

As you get higher up in the business, it becomes more of a prerequisite that you keep the newest models in stock. It's very competitive up there, and keeping the newest models is seen as having "an edge" on the competition.

Right now, the only thing I'm competing with is the sun in order to get a good shot. lol

Fairytale Studios

I always want newer, nicer things. The latest phone, the latest car, the latest camera - I get suckered in by all that shiny pizzazz. Good on you for holding back. There's no need to buy something new, unless you need it.

Paul Stevens

As you get higher up in the business, it becomes more of a prerequisite that you keep the newest models in stock.
I hear that, but I always feel pressured to do just the opposite, because the real photographers can get an expert shot with nothing but the bare-bones basics. It's talent versus gadgetry.

Ryan

Right now, the only thing I'm competing with is the sun in order to get a good shot. lol
LOL that cracked me up. I wish I could say the same about the sun currently where I live. We've had nothing but cloudy and gray days lately.

To answer @Goldflash, I think it would depend on how you position yourself in the market. If the quality of your work is top notch, what does it matter what equipment you are using? Or am I missing something here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc