Discovering models

Portrait

Most of the top models attribute their success to photographers who discovered and propelled them to fame. One of them says that she was stalked until she finally went for a shoot. Does this still happen today?

ClickExpert

Photographers can act as a link between aspiring models and the respective agencies. I have come across articles and books where a model's success can be traced back to a curious photographer. Is modeling as lucrative as it used to be?

Mobile 5

From what I hear, yes, it can be very lucrative. But the models have to be savvy at the very beginning. There is nothing wrong with someone telling you "I can make you a star", but look at their portfolio first before you start posing for them.

Vid Syd

Anyone stalked needs to call the cops, not pose for them. Chasing down a person to take their picture is about unprofessional as a person can get. Can anyone say Paparazzi?

CreativeSet

From what I hear, yes, it can be very lucrative. But the models have to be savvy at the very beginning. There is nothing wrong with someone telling you "I can make you a star", but look at their portfolio first before you start posing for them.
The mistake any aspiring model can make is to trust some of these photographers without checking their portfolios. They could be unscrupulous individuals or genuine ones just seeking to be famous.

Mentee

Sure, photographers can help models discover their potential with the experience they've acquired. However, there should be a boundary in doing that. Stalking a person to uncover their potential only sounds like forcing someone into a career.

Beck

It still happens. Just like anything else though, if you're asked to go to an unfamiliar place with an unfamiliar person......don't go alone. Legitimate photographers will understand and accommodate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc