Cloud storage

LifeCaptured

There are so many companies that offer cloud storage that it's hard to know which is the best to use. If you upload your photos and videos to the cloud I'd love to hear what you live/dislike about the cloud service you're using.

Fairytale Studios

I use the Creative Cloud Photography Plan, which includes access to Adobe Lightroom CC and Classic Lightroom CC. It's not the cheapest option, though. The first 20GB is $10 a month and then it's another $10 a month per additional terabyte of storage. It's worth it to me though, because it's streamlined my workflow so I can accomplish more in less time. It was designed for photographers and videographers.

Vivid

I am yet to subscribe to a cloud storage plan as I currently use OneDrive, Google Drive, and Dropbox. For how long does the data get backed up? Most of the free plans let you utilize the first 15GB, after which you will pay a certain amount. What I worry most about is how secure data is in the cloud?

SamanthaL.

For how long does the data get backed up?
Usually as long as you're paying for the subscription. I guess the data within free accounts would be safe until the service changed their TOS or you deleted your account. If you can get by without paying for cloud storage then I say go for it. Save money where you can.

Fairytale Studios

What I worry most about is how secure data is in the cloud?
I've thought about that, but I think hackers usually target celebrities and politicians rather than consumers and small businesses. You can usually encrypt and password protect your files which adds another layer of security. I use both cloud storage and a solid state drive to back up my work, so if one fails I'll still have the other copy. I mostly use cloud storage because it allows me to access my work from any device as long a there's an internet connection. For me, it makes filming and editing run more smoothly.

Vivid

I mostly use cloud storage because it allows me to access my work from any device as long a there's an internet connection. For me, it makes filming and editing run more smoothly.
You make a good point, although I believe that a good cloud storage plan should give you a guarantee so that you don't have to back up data anyway! Nonetheless, having a plan B is always advisable.

Pixels

Saving in the cloud is what the future is all about! Your storage needs depend on how busy you are as a photographer/videographer (professionals should not have a problem getting a premium package at a cost!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan