Clients With Little Knowledge

Kuki

Do you ever feel like you understand the market better than your client? I have recently had a client who was so stubborn, he didn't want to hear any suggestions for modifications. I am no marketing expert, but I happen to know quite a lot about his niche; however, he wouldn't hear it. But hey, a job is a job I guess, right?

Last edited:

Darlene

Wow! it must be annoying to work with someone like that. I don't really like people who never accept that they are wrong, it makes it a real pain to work with them.

Lighthouse

There are many ways a client can be wrong, but only one way a payment can be wrong: Counterfeit.

Make sure a payment will go through and just perform the service they want.

Ryan

I can imagine how it would be almost impossible to work with someone like that, but hey, they are paying so just pretend to agree with what they want.

Sweet Takes

That stinks for sure. I've dealt with that a lot. Sometimes the client listens and we make a beautiful product. Sometimes it doesn't go quite so great. I say do what they ask for and move on.

Paul Stevens

But hey, a job is a job I guess, right?
The only part that bothers me, is that the client might bad-mouth me in the end if the results don't pan out. Even if it's the client's own fault (which will conveniently be left out, naturally).

Kuki

The only part that bothers me, is that the client might bad-mouth me in the end if the results don't pan out. Even if it's the client's own fault (which will conveniently be left out, naturally).
That is a really good point, Paul. Word of mouth in this industry (or any other really) spreads out like a virus, and can be detrimental sometimes. Thanks for pointing that out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc