Client Reviews

Silva

I know we don't all have time to launch and maintain a blog or website, but I think it's a great idea to have a "hub" for your photography and/or videography business. What I really want the most is a section for client reviews. Wouldn't that help spread the word and get you more business?

Rachel

It will help if you have a way to lead potential clients to your website/portfolio. Do you have a business presence on Yelp or another review site? I do, and it's been a good way to get people to see my reviews since Yelp is so popular.

Marc

I second Rachel's suggestion. Maybe you could offer a discount if your clients if they agree to leave you a review or tag your business on social media.

Portrait

I second Rachel's suggestion. Maybe you could offer a discount if your clients if they agree to leave you a review or tag your business on social media.
What if the client decides to leave a bad review or goes for the discount and goes mute afterward? A better approach would be to provide various ways of sharing feedback and giving a good rating. Most happy clients will always find a way of rating and promoting your work!

Kuki

I think it's a great idea to have your own blog or website. Whether you want to start a blog to write about your skills or you want to promote yourself.

TheBlueElephant

What if the client decides to leave a bad review or goes for the discount and goes mute afterward? A better approach would be to provide various ways of sharing feedback and giving a good rating. Most happy clients will always find a way of rating and promoting your work!
I'm hesitant to offer a discount for rating for the reason Portrait mentioned. Another concern I have is that the client would feel compelled to give me a good review, because I'm giving them a discount. I want honest and enthusiastic feedback. I don't want the client to feel forced to say positive things about me, just because I gave them a discount.

I like the idea of having a website. There are lots of website formatting services. I'm thinking of Squarespace just off the top of my head. I think if you want to be taken seriously as a business, you have to have some sort of online presence.

Plankton

It's a good idea. A client reviews section may also act as a place of communication between the audience and the photographer. It may not only help spread business but it will give more insight into how the work is viewed too.

SushiRoll

You're going to grow your business is if people know that they can trust you. And one way they'll know if they can trust you is by seeing what other people think of you and your work. I'd definitely set up a website to give people access to those reviews.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc