Cartoons

Kuki

I am really interested in getting into cartoon animation, and I was wondering if I would need to know how to draw in order to create them? Actually, I am not even sure where to start, LOL. Any ideas?

Darlene

I think that if you want to be a cartoonist, you need to know how to draw. That's a really interesting niche though. I am sure you will enjoy it :)

Derek

I agree. You need to learn to draw if you want to deliver a good product. I bought a pencil drawing course recently and, although I have never drawn in my life, I am really learning some skills. It's a lot of fun :)

Culture Shot

I think doodling will help you find your ground. There are many cartoons, and each has its unique style. You can also try drawing traditionally and digitally to find out what's more efficient for you.

Markshot 12

Start looking at as many different cartoon styles as you can. Pick one that resembles a style of drawing that you think you could do, and go from there. Start with emulating a style of drawing until you discover your own style.

Lily Stew

There are many tutorials and crash courses on Youtube, which will be a great help for beginners. You can use that as a head start and follow a style that you find comfortable.

Len S

With all the software available to do this, I don't know if you need to know how to draw or not. I would learn about the basic structuring of characters though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc