Cameras Used For Surprising Scenes

Culture Shot

During horror scenes, there's always a possibility of getting surprised. If the camera isn't stable enough and lacks focus, a good take might have become bloopers. Shaking the camera by accident won't do the set well, so it's crucial to maintain that calmness. Are there specific cameras for filming intense scenes, or does it all work the same?

The Aire

It's not the camera in this case, but rather the gear the camera is on while shooting a scene. I'm just waking up, so the only term I can think of is a tripod and how steady that is, but there is other gear people use to follow the actors and such.

LifeCaptured

I've seen quite a few scenes that were shot in one go that surprised me, but I don't believe any were done with BlackMagic cameras. I don't usually remember to check.

Mentee

It's not the camera in this case, but rather the gear the camera is on while shooting a scene.
In this case, knowing what gear and when to use it is just as important as choosing the right camera. I can imagine having to retake scenes and finally finishing the take once equipped with the right tools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc