Buying Gear With Crypto?

Markshot 12

Does anyone know of any major brand.....Canon....Nikon.....etc, that accepts crypto as payment? I haven't heard any news on this and it's kind of surprising.

Culture Shot

You're right. Using cryptocurrencies for camera equipment hasn't crossed my mind until now. However, I think that there are still many companies that don't accept it. Even some countries consider it illegal.

Rachel

Wait, do you want to use digital currency to buy your equipment? It just sounds like an unnecessary hassle. Credit cards sometimes offer extended warranties and other protections, so what's the appeal here? I must be missing something.

Martin Riley

I tell you, if someone wanted to sell me a selection of cameras in exchange for crypto coins, I'd be afraid the cameras were stolen and the seller didn't want to be traced.

The Aire

Digital cameras and digital currency. There is that connection.

Trade publications have been suspiciously silent on this, unless I'm missing something.

Give it time though and I'm sure we'll hear more about it.

Rachel

I tell you, if someone wanted to sell me a selection of cameras in exchange for crypto coins, I'd be afraid the cameras were stolen and the seller didn't want to be traced.
Sure, but the OP is talking about major brands accepting crypto, not some random guy who is selling online. I would be hesitant to buy from an unproven randomer myself, no matter the currency.

ePIC

Digital currency isn't going anywhere. Our industry might move a little slowly, but it's only a matter of time before the industry adapts to its use.

Kuki

I have never gotten into crypto and, to be honest, I don't really know much about it. I guess it's just a matter of time until everyone starts using it; including the companies you mentioned.

Beck

From what I understand, company towns are becoming a thing again for the larger corporations like Amazon. I could see Crypto being the only currency they use, from paying employees, to buying groceries, to buying photography gear.

Mentee

Digital currency isn't going anywhere. Our industry might move a little slowly, but it's only a matter of time before the industry adapts to its use.
Cryptocurrencies have been existing for years now, but they have only gained much popularity recently. I'm not sure, though, if more industries will be willing to process it since it's not exactly sustainable.

Darlene

Whenever I hear crypto, I think about hackers for some reason. I have never gotten into Bitcoin or any other, and I am not sure I understand the whole concept to be honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc