Bettering your game

Pixels

What are your tips for becoming a better photographer? Learning never stops, and experimentation helps us to become better. For me, reading widely, experimenting with various techniques, and studying great photographers matter a lot. There should never be a rush to acquire expensive gear. Also, shooting during the golden hour (just before sunset or shortly after dawn) will give you the best pictures of scenes.

LifeCaptured

Don't limit yourself by focusing on the commerciality at first. Just shoot what inspires you. The good news is that times have changed. We can take a million photos and can see our work without having to pay to develop them all. I remember saving my allowance as a kid to develop a roll of film, only to find that most of the images had my thumb in it.

Editor

Photography is an art, and each of us strives to tell their own story. I believe that anyone can become a photographer by putting in the necessary effort. Nothing comes easy, especially now that the commercial scene has become competitive. The photographer that gets noticed is unique and creative.

Paul Stevens

Find a mentor and hang out while they shoot and edit. I've learned so many tips and tricks from those who've been around the block a time or two. Then, don't be afraid to tweak what you've been taught and make it your own.

Pixels

Find a mentor and hang out while they shoot and edit. I've learned so many tips and tricks from those who've been around the block a time or two. Then, don't be afraid to tweak what you've been taught and make it your own.
Mentorship is useful here, just like in any other space. A lot of the successful renown photographers owe their fame to someone who held their hand and guided them. While at it, aim at creating uniqueness and creativity that will define your work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc