Better for Commercials?

EyeView

Motion graphics and animation sometimes get the message across better than actual people do. It's also eye-catching most of the time because of the illustrations that lure the viewer in. In some cases, companies would rather take advantage of this instead of hiring actors and actresses to be in a commercial.

Mentee

Yeah, I guess illustrations make it easier for people to remember the brand. Speaking of, companies can even use anime to promote different products. I bet it would also be cheaper than spending an amount on an actor/actress to show up in a commercial.

Paul Stevens

You think so, @Mentee? I figured it would cost more to hire an illustrator, plus you'd still need voice actors or at the very least you'd need a narrator. I've never priced it out though.

Beck

The trade-off in animating commercials (for example) is that they can come across as rather juvenile. You would have to be mindful of the content.

Mentee

You think so, @Mentee? I figured it would cost more to hire an illustrator, plus you'd still need voice actors or at the very least you'd need a narrator. I've never priced it out though.
Oh, you're right about that. I didn't get to consider the audio and was only thinking of the visuals. The pricing would all still depend, however, on the people that the company would choose. Others might require a higher professional fee if they are highly skilled compared to others.

Dominique

I think it all depends on your target audience and the tone you want to set for the commercial. You may want to use animated videos when you want your commercial to convey a fun message, but I think it's better to use actual people if you are promoting something rather serious. What do you guys think?

Kuki

I love animated video commercials. I think they are very creative and they definitely stand out. They are also easy to remember and associate to the brand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc