Best time to take pictures

Portrait

I love shooting outdoor pictures and would love to hear your suggestions on the best time to capture stunning photos? I prefer to do so during the golden hour (the period shortly before sunset or after sunrise).

Editor

I think this depends on the kind of photos you desire to take. As you say, the golden hour is perfect for outdoor pictures and portraits because then you're able to make the most of the natural light.

Fairytale Studios

I usually shoot as early as possible when I'm shooting outside. The light looks beautiful and there are fewer people mulling about to get in the way of the shot.

Vivid

Is there a good time to take pictures, or this depends on the skill of the photographer? I agree that the golden hour is the most ideal, yet with proper lighting and technique, a skilled photographer can capture a perfect photo at any time of day or night.

Len S

I prefer sunset with hard backdrops. Hard meaning steel, concrete, etc.... I like to find the art in the dirty side of the outdoors. Old city-scapes, locomotive switching yards, all of that stuff.

Portrait

I prefer sunset with hard backdrops. Hard meaning steel, concrete, etc.... I like to find the art in the dirty side of the outdoors. Old city-scapes, locomotive switching yards, all of that stuff.
I also prefer sunset or near sunrise because the light is more diffused at this time. With the sun's rays coming from a more horizontal angle, the sun's rays have to pass through a lot more of the earth's atmosphere before reaching the photographer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan