Best piece of professional advice

Rachel

What's the best piece of professional advice you've ever received or happened to run across in the wild? The best advice I've heard was to learn your worth and don't give your work away unless it's for a charity that you support.

Paul Stevens

The best piece of advice I've received is to underpromise and overdeliver when it comes to my work. I've applied that to my videography business and it has served me well.

ePIC

Define the scope of the project and get everything in writing before you ever pick up the camera. That bit of advice was given to me after I'd taken on a client who originally asked for a short, simple video that turned into a three-ring circus with me travelling to different destinations to film the action.

SamanthaL.

I have two. Don't burn your bridges is the first piece of advice, which I'm sure we've all heard that one. The second one is about loaning and borrowing equipment. If you borrow someone's equipment return it in better shape than you got it. That means making sure everything is fully charged, clean, neatly presented, and returned as quickly as possible. If you loan your equipment, have the person sign some type of form stating when they'll return it, just so there's no confusion later on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc