Best Films for Kids

TheBlueElephant

My two kids love watching movies. (I wouldn't be surprised if they get that from me!) We've watched lots of the current popular films, such as those from Disney and Pixar. And we've delved into some of the movies I enjoyed when I was a kid. I'm looking for something new to introduce them to. Something that might be a little out of the box, but still enjoyable for them and for me and my spouse. Does anyone have any suggestions? What were your favorites as a kid?

SushiRoll

My little sister loved Lilo and Stitch. I know that it's a Disney movie, but I think it tends to be one that gets looked over more often than not. It's a heartwarming story, and it has an adorable alien.

PictureHub

It must be interesting to take them through a journey down memory lane. There are a few movies I liked as a kid that they also enjoyed watching. Have you introduced them to animations yet?

Portrait

It must be so sweet to spend time with kids and watch a movie or two together. @PictureHub mentions animations, and I strongly support that. I especially love the creativity around these movies, plus adults can enjoy watching them too.

TheBlueElephant

@Portrait @PictureHub
I've introduced them to lots of animated movies! It makes me so happy to hear them laughing at the same jokes or scenes I laughed at when I was a kid. Animated movies have a way of being timeless. You can enjoy them when you're a child and then thirty years later with your own child. It's every artist's dream to create something like that, something that sticks around and is enjoyed by many people.

SushiRoll

@Portrait @PictureHub
I've introduced them to lots of animated movies! It makes me so happy to hear them laughing at the same jokes or scenes I laughed at when I was a kid. Animated movies have a way of being timeless. You can enjoy them when you're a child and then thirty years later with your own child. It's every artist's dream to create something like that, something that sticks around and is enjoyed by many people.
This is such a sweet image. Sharing a piece of your childhood with your own kids must be wonderful and so precious. I'm so happy that you are making these delightful memories with your children. :)

Fairytale Studios

I like the ones that teach empathy like Bambi, but I've rewatched some of the popular Disney films recently and they are darker than I realized as a kid. That's especially true for Dumbo and Pinocchio.

Reel Media

Do you guys have any suggestions for films that handle race issues well? There is so much hatred in the United States today and a movie can be a powerful tool to set a child on the right track or at least get them thinking about why things are the way they are and whether it needs to change.

WidestScreen

Do you guys have any suggestions for films that handle race issues well? There is so much hatred in the United States today and a movie can be a powerful tool to set a child on the right track or at least get them thinking about why things are the way they are and whether it needs to change.
I'm not sure if it's a kids movie per se, but I really liked Hidden Figures. It's about the Black woman mathematicians who helped get men on the moon. It's inspiring, and it deals with race issues as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc