Being versatile

Portrait

A while back, having essential skills in photography was enough, but a lot has changed over time. The need to be diverse is more urgent now than has ever been before. Is this something you have pondered over before? How about telling a story through pictures and having props?

SamanthaL.

I've been a photographer for a while, but decided to branch into videography to make my business more versatile. It's tough to earn your income through creative means, especially right now. I'm currently working on my audio skills in order to improve my video work.

Fairytale Studios

I'm working on my versatility right now. I usually direct kids in my business, but I've considered branching out and including pets. Some people like to dress their pets up and maybe the fairy tale themes would work for that too. I'm not sure about directing pets though.

Markshot 12

Having multiple talents within this field is always a good idea. You sell your services to clients better if you have more of them. Talents, that is.

Editor

I've been a photographer for a while, but decided to branch into videography to make my business more versatile. It's tough to earn your income through creative means, especially right now. I'm currently working on my audio skills in order to improve my video work.
Overall, the creative industry is feeling the heat of the COVID-19 disruption, but things will get better with time. I switch between photography and videography, depending on a job offer. Telling a story through pictures can be an excellent way to diversify.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc