Being a paparazzo

PictureHub

There is a lot of work that goes into being a paparazzo, or so I think. Snapping exclusive celebrity photographs can command huge sums, but can a photographer have a guarantee of steady income?

Derek

I don't think I would want to be a paparazzo. First, they are annoying, although they could make a lot of money, and second, I wouldn't want to get attacked by a celebrity's security guard LOL.

Anastasia

I don't think I would want to be a paparazzo. First, they are annoying, although they could make a lot of money, and second, I wouldn't want to get attacked by a celebrity's security guard LOL.
Really? Wow! I would absolutely love to be a paparazzo :D I think their job is pretty cool! Well, as long as they don't overdo it.

Goldflash

The best way a paparazzo could guarantee themselves a steady income is to chase the new stars who still want and need the attention. The older stars are the ones who don't care for it anymore.

ShutterUp

Imagine the adrenaline rush, anxiety, and alertness that almost define a paparazzo's daily routine? I think that the golden years of paparazzi are way behind us. Nonetheless, anyone pursuing this route needs to know where famous people live, master their network, or where they shop, and so on.

Editor

Really? Wow! I would absolutely love to be a paparazzo :D I think their job is pretty cool! Well, as long as they don't overdo it.
Their nature of work involves overdoing everything. Paparazzi made a kill back in the day, but nowadays, that sort of celebrity hype isn't so pronounced. Yes, the public minds following their every detail but capturing a star in a secret location will not generate much excitement.

Lighthouse

Their nature of work involves overdoing everything. Paparazzi made a kill back in the day, but nowadays, that sort of celebrity hype isn't so pronounced. Yes, the public minds following their every detail but capturing a star in a secret location will not generate much excitement.
Which is why if a star wants the publicity they just hire their own photographer. It keeps them in the public eye, which they need to do to help stay relevant, and they aren't annoyed by someone jumping out of a bush or something.

Imagine the adrenaline rush, anxiety, and alertness that almost define a paparazzo's daily routine? I think that the golden years of paparazzi are way behind us. Nonetheless, anyone pursuing this route needs to know where famous people live, master their network, or where they shop, and so on.
Which borders on stalking if you think about it. As I mentioned to Editor about hiring their own, if they do that, tell the public they did it and the paparazzi still hassle them, they can call the cops and claim stalking. They wouldn't be entirely wrong.

Editor

Which is why if a star wants the publicity they just hire their own photographer. It keeps them in the public eye, which they need to do to help stay relevant, and they aren't annoyed by someone jumping out of a bush or something.

Which borders on stalking if you think about it. As I mentioned to Editor about hiring their own, if they do that, tell the public they did it and the paparazzi still hassle them, they can call the cops and claim stalking. They wouldn't be entirely wrong.
Back in the day, it seemed like paparazzi had an easy time tracking celebrities. There was less security, and they didn't mind their photos taken without consent. Nowadays, it looks like an intrusion on their privacy.

Carlhue

It seems to me that celebrities nowadays have some sense of entitlement that older actors never had. Or maybe it's just that the paparazzo are pushier and don't care as much about peoples privacy, and the stars don't like that.

Either way, I wouldn't do it. It sounds like a very stressful way to make a living

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc