Beginner Question

Magz

What kind of lighting kit would you recommend for a beginner? I am looking for something that would be suitable for both photography and videos. Is that possible?

Portrait

I'd say that, beginner or not, you should go for high-quality equipment to be able to capture quality and clear images. Do you have some requirements in mind? I'd suggest Fovitec Studio Pro 2500-Watt as it is versatile and suitable for both photography and video.

Fairytale Studios

Check out the GVM 2 pack LED lighting kit on Amazon. It's a great value at less than $200 (with coupon). Take advantage of natural light whenever you can. I think it's easy to get hung up on lighting kits, but nothing looks better than natural light in my opinion.

Derek

I'd say that, beginner or not, you should go for high-quality equipment to be able to capture quality and clear images. Do you have some requirements in mind? I'd suggest Fovitec Studio Pro 2500-Watt as it is versatile and suitable for both photography and video.
I agree that investing in high quality equipment is important. It might be expensive, but it will last longer and it's quality. It's better to pay more than to buy cheap stuff that will break down every now and then.

Portrait

I agree that investing in high quality equipment is important. It might be expensive, but it will last longer and it's quality. It's better to pay more than to buy cheap stuff that will break down every now and then.
Yes, you don't want to compromise and go for low-quality equipment; you'll spend much more by following this route. I have also seen some photographers settle for used equipment of excellent quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc