Bad Acting

Stephen

I really don't know how and why they hire certain actors that just can't act! Is it budget restrictions? And I'm talking about some famous one. I won't mention the names, but some popular actors just can't do it.

Culture Shot

Amateurs may be getting hired instead of great talent because of professional fees. This occurrence might often happen in commercials. If not that, it could also be due to connections and referrals.

TruthSeeker

Yep, some actors and actresses don't improve the scene, if not ruin the atmosphere. It's a wonder how some of them manage to get hired, but there are different standards. Who knows if the director's judgment truthfully favors their acting despite what others say.

Carrie

Yep, some actors and actresses don't improve the scene, if not ruin the atmosphere. It's a wonder how some of them manage to get hired, but there are different standards. Who knows if the director's judgment truthfully favors their acting despite what others say.
I agree. I guess to us, they may seem like bad actors, but the directors tend to "know" what they are looking for. I guess that's why they hire them.

Mentee

Who knows if the director's judgment truthfully favors their acting despite what others say.
Yeah, directors can have standards you can't understand. But, some do manage to pass auditions due to the connections they have. I wonder how those kinds of people feel about their work, knowing they didn't make it with their abilities.

EyeView

I wonder how those kinds of people feel about their work, knowing they didn't make it with their abilities.
Ooh, that's tough. It makes me think about how famous people feel about their acting skills. Usually, you'll know it when you're not up to standards. Some may not admit it, though, if they're acting for the money.

Silva

I am going to go ahead and name one that I just can't stand, and I know I may get slapped for this, but here goes LOL: Sandra Bullock. I just think she can't act.

Terry

I am going to go ahead and name one that I just can't stand, and I know I may get slapped for this, but here goes LOL: Sandra Bullock. I just think she can't act.
LOL that made me chuckle :D I don't mind Sandra Bullock actually. However, I must say that he latest work leaves a lot to be desired.

Josslyn

I think most of her movies are just crazy. I did laugh quite a few times when I watched her in movies with that McCarthy lady. She certainly is not my favorite.

Goldflash

I never did like Jeff Goldblum's style of acting. Or Geena Davis. Neither one of them made their characters believable IMO. It doesn't mean they're bad necessarily, just not my style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc