Any Tips for Writing a Science Fiction/Fantasy Screenplay?

WidestScreen

I've always loved fantasy and science fiction stories, and so I've always wanted to write one as well. I've struggled with how to describe the magic and other nonexistant animals and plants in the script. Has anyone ever written a screenplay in one of these genres? How did you end up describing the more fantastical elements in your script?

Rachel

I'm no help because I'm not much of a writer, but I wanted to respond anyway to wish you tons of luck. I've noticed that you're very creative on here. I bet you can pull this off.

Runner

Doing some research on botany and zoology will be helpful! You can use that as a basis to know how you can describe the plants and creatures' characteristics. It will be like deriving fiction from reality.

WidestScreen

Doing some research on botany and zoology will be helpful! You can use that as a basis to know how you can describe the plants and creatures' characteristics. It will be like deriving fiction from reality.
I like that idea! Sometimes, reality does seem stranger than fiction and I can tap into that weirdness present in the natural world to make my plants and animals all the more realistic!

TruthSeeker

You can try checking out some cartoons to get some inspiration. Read also on paranormal stuff since these can offer some ideas into science fiction. Those two seem to go well because there are unexplainable phenomena that start to make sense when scientifically explained.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc