Adult Photography

Carrie

Have you ever considered getting into the adult industry and shooting adult artists? As far as I know, it's a huge industry and new talents are always on the rise. What do you guys think?

Kuki

That is an industry I wouldn't want to get into. I know there is a lot of money to be made in there, but I guess it's just not for me. Not out of disrespect or anything; it's just not my thing.

Mentee

I won't be shooting adult artists but I'd be more interested in making a documentary about their lives. It'll help clear stereotypes surrounding people who are working in the adult industry. Getting their perspective would be a good thing too as it'll provide more understanding of what they think about it.

Silva

I won't be shooting adult artists but I'd be more interested in making a documentary about their lives. It'll help clear stereotypes surrounding people who are working in the adult industry. Getting their perspective would be a good thing too as it'll provide more understanding of what they think about it.
That sounds pretty interesting. I don't know if I would want to get into this industry either, but shooting documentaries about the life of an adult actor/actress sure is interesting.

TheBlueElephant

There's always work to be done in dispelling stereotypes and helping people learn about others. Documentaries are a great way to do that. I'm hesitant to work in the adult film industry, however. Would I do it? Yes. Would it be my first choice? No.

Mentee

There's always work to be done in dispelling stereotypes and helping people learn about others. Documentaries are a great way to do that. I'm hesitant to work in the adult film industry, however. Would I do it? Yes. Would it be my first choice? No.
In order to work in this industry, I think an individual would have to possess a certain trait because it really is something that not everyone can handle. In my case, I don't think I have the nerve but looking more into how it's done would highlight the courage of the people doing it.

TheBlueElephant

In order to work in this industry, I think an individual would have to possess a certain trait because it really is something that not everyone can handle. In my case, I don't think I have the nerve but looking more into how it's done would highlight the courage of the people doing it.
I think you definitely need to have a thick skin and not let certain things bother you. Another point is that lots of people are happy to consume the products made by adult film actors, but are hesitant to see them as people who have bills to pay. A documentary would only help humanize these actors.

Last edited:

WidestScreen

I'd give it a try. I don't see how it would be much different from any other type of photography. I think it would be really interesting to capture shots that have such a specific goal and that hope to achieve such a specific reaction from those who look at the image. It would be an interesting experience, in any event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan