Actors and Addiction

Carrie

What do you think about celebrities that suffer from addiction problems? Is it something that really can't be avoided? I personally feel that having too much money is the main cause for this type of problem.

Terry

I think it's a mixture of both having too much money and also mental problems. A person who has no money won't be able to buy drugs. Similarly, a person with a lot of money and who is sane wouldn't want to do drugs either.

SamanthaL.

I think some feel they're above it all. Like they won't get into trouble, so why not live a life of indulgence. I think that's how it works with the big fish, at least.

Stephen

I think some feel they're above it all. Like they won't get into trouble, so why not live a life of indulgence. I think that's how it works with the big fish, at least.
Unfortunately, some people are just that way. But like Terry said, I am sure it is caused by some sort of mental disorder. Or does too much money create mental disorders? LOL.

Silva

What makes me sad is actually seeing this happen with younger actors. Do you remember how cute Macaulay Culkin was in his first Home Alone movies? Only to get involved with drugs and ruin his life.

Plankton

There's the effect of having so much money giving the person access both to good and bad things. They'd have the choice to use drugs when they're having a hard time at work. It's a sad thing that they would immediately get judged for it, though.

Mandy

Being a celebrity made it harder for them to seek help because paparazzi might be lurking somewhere. Once they get into drugs, it's even harder to stop the addiction because it becomes an issue once the public knows about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan