A social media prescence

PictureHub

Being active on social media can help grow a photography business, depending on the approach used. The popular platforms are Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. However, there are other little known ones that a photographer can find useful. Have you heard of Behance before?

Fairytale Studios

I need to do more with my business Instagram account than I do. I've never heard of Behance though. Have you found it useful? I'll have to check it out.

ePIC

Yeah, I've heard of it. I think it's owned by Adobe and it's been around for a while. I don't know anyone who uses it though. Maybe it would help?

Silva

I have heard of Behance before, but I have never gotten into it. I know a lot of artists are putting their work there to get noticed, so I think it's worth signing up for.

Rachel

I've tried it before and didn't have any luck. Unfortunately, Instagram and Pinterest are too popular to compete with and I have to go where my potential clients are going.

Kuki

I have never heard of Behance. Is it also a social media platform? I know Instagram is hard to get traction on, but I did get more than a few followers on Pinterest fairly easily.

ShutterUp

Behance is a platform that has been around for some time, and any photographer can find work as a freelancer or full-time agency. Here, creatives can showcase their work, whereas companies can window shop for talent.

Mushroom

Behance is still not quite a popular platform. As you see, many of us here also never heard of it. If you want to attract a larger base of audience, there’s no place better than Instagram at the current moment. But here’s a problem, Instagram’s algorithm is getting harsher and small artists can hardly stand out and get noticed. It’s pretty discriminative. Sometimes it’s not because your work isn’t great, it’s just that you have to really get into the tactics of how Instagram algorithm works.

TheBlueElephant

I'm going to look into Behance. It sounds like an interesting and useful platform. I've found Facebook to be a helpful platform for attracting clients. I don't do much with Instagram or Pinterest. But that's going to change!

EyeView

Another platform that I've heard of called EyeEm is I think a good space for photographers to share and compare works. The photos here are very diverse and sometimes pictures get featured too.

SushiRoll

I haven't heard of EyeEm before! It seems like a good place to get helpful advice and constructive criticism on your work. I'm going to check it out. :D

TheBlueElephant

@EyeView
I went and poked around a bit on EyeEm. Wow, does that website look like a good resource! I'm excited to get started on there. I've just started my photography business and I'm looking to get as much exposure as possible (no pun intended).

EyeView

I haven't heard of EyeEm before! It seems like a good place to get helpful advice and constructive criticism on your work. I'm going to check it out. :D
Yes, I do think it'll be helpful in general. Although others won't be able to message you directly, there's a comment section where people can still share their opinions on your work.

EyeView

I went and poked around a bit on EyeEm. Wow, does that website look like a good resource! I'm excited to get started on there. I've just started my photography business and I'm looking to get as much exposure as possible (no pun intended).
There's also a hashtag feature there when posting pictures which I think helps in exposing the works to a wide variety of audiences. Words suggested when making a hashtag are even detailed so this would really allow the picture to be seen.

Magz

Behance is actually quite a good platform to get some exposure for your work. I think it's a good thing that not so many people know about it. That means it's not saturated (yet).

TheBlueElephant

There's also a hashtag feature there when posting pictures which I think helps in exposing the works to a wide variety of audiences. Words suggested when making a hashtag are even detailed so this would really allow the picture to be seen.
That's a really neat feature! EyeEm seems like a great platform for creators. Do you know if you can sell images directly through EyeEm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc