A flash diffuser

ShutterUp

Using a flash diffuser is the best way to get soft light with the flash on your camera, ensuring that light from your flash is much smoother and balanced. Have you ever thought about making one yourself?

CreativeSet

It is possible to create one, only if you can learn a few DIY skills. I once made a diffuser using white adhesive tape, white paper, aided with a pair of scissors.

ePIC

I cringe when I hear of someone buying a Lightsphere because it's too darn expensive for what you get. It's easily replicated with a piece of Tupperware. When it comes to flash diffusers I'm firmly in the DIY camp.

Paul Stevens

You can also make one with just a thick piece of paper and a rubber band. @ePIC, although I agree that it's overpriced, I understand why some photographers opt for buying it instead of cobbling one together. It stays put and it looks professional. For some photographers that's enough.

Vivid

I think that any willing person can acquire DIY skills over time. However, the challenge can be in making a durable item. Most photographers are handy in moments of crisis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc